Back at the end of 2017 and beginning of 2018, I mentioned a couple times that some changes were coming to the website and blog. I wanted (still do) to update and add more quality resources and make sure that the content stayed high quality and relevant to the original intentions and keeping this a safe, anonymous, FREE resource.
There are new and different priorities taking over right now. Some of my explorations require a bigger time investment and a new space to write/share thoughts. Others are or will be big life changes that also require dedicated, long term focus.
Since I want to do all of that and maintain this website and blog, compromises and changes have to take place.
- Untangled Connections is moving to a paid account by June 2018
- The domain name and/or URL might change (I’m still trying to understand this), but the Web site Name and accessibility WILL NOT CHANGE
- I will write an ADMIN Post announcing the changes 1-2 weeks before they take place
- At some point, probably the next holiday or vacation, I’ll be collating all of the Resource posts and putting the links on the Resources page
- The Search and Menu functions will change to become more user-friendly
- This might require changes to the theme, but I will know more after making the upgrade
- Posts about me, my experiences with resources, reviews, etc. will take place 1x a week – probably on Sundays
- Posts about topics and ideas from the Internet or other bloggers will be shared as I find them – could be none one week or up to 4 another week
- These posts may or may not have comments from me, but the links will be available in the body of the post
- You might or might not also find links to videos, websites, and Podcasts instead of links to blogs, articles, and organizations
- I’m implementing phase 1 of the career change plan with the goal of complete changes by 2020
- I’ve finally saved up and bought the supplies to work on aromatherapy certification lessons (blending, case studies, research paper, etc.), so will be spending a lot of time on that.
- The new blog mentioned above is part of these lessons. It will chronicle my explorations in class and with personal use to help maintain emotional, spiritual, and physical wellness
- **REMINDER** I am not a practicing medical professional and probably won’t be until the agoraphobia becomes less intense, so anything on there will be informational only
- My home still needs a lot of work – organizing and decorating – to make it feel safe and comfortable and easy to clean no matter my emotional state
- Requires thoughtful purchasing of storage solutions, time to organize said solutions, and space to cope with any triggers all that brings up
- Requires creating and implementing new house chore routines to address trigger issues like laundry, food shopping, cooking, and other tasks that require leaving the apartment
- Requires creating a safe space in my apartment where I can meditate, do crafting, and go for self soothing comfort
So, yes this is a lot. Not everything will happen this year. I am going slow, turtle slow. And my social media usage is taking a big hit because of that. But there is progress in every aspect of these big changes.
And each small bit of progress is a success.
Whatever you’re doing, please go slow and make time to celebrate your progress too.
Thanks for reading