To any who celebrate, Happy Easter 🙂
I used to celebrate. But after my uncle died, Easter & Passover just weren’t the same.
As with most anniversaries, I experience the usual symptoms before, during, and after the specific day or days.
But this time, I tried something different.
What did I do?
Started with accepting my limitations:
- Can’t leave my apartment building more than 2x a week
- Can’t leave my apartment more than 3-4x per week
- I’m happy if I can leave my bedroom for more than food and bathroom breaks
- The auditory hallucinations are worse than nightmares or flashbacks, but mostly only happen at night
- Cooking is difficult, but as long as I have healthy snacks I’ll be okay
- Weight loss is inevitable with all the stress
Then figured out what I CAN do inside my apartment:
- Vacuum and clean the floors
- Dust the walls, ceilings, ceiling space
- Take a bath
- Clean my kitchen
- Reorganize my space using feng shui to make it feel safer & more comfortable
- Wear as much or as little clothing as feels good according to my body
- Move my office to the living room
My apartment BEFORE the organizing (mess):
My Living Room AFTER the organizing (progress):
Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom, hall, and closets are still Work-In-Progress (WIP), so no photos yet.
Take a class to help me work on building a better coping strategy toolbox and foundation
Deidre Fay has a new class called Foundations in Healing. I signed up for it earlier last week and have found it useful in many ways. The yoga & movement parts are still difficult for me, but not as triggering as when I tried her original class a few years ago. Once I get further into the class, I’ll share it as resources.
As it happens, I added 2 new Pinterest Boards regarding Feng Shui and Deirdre Fay’s Classes. If you are interested, the links are here:
Thanks for reading